At JFK Medical Center, we are committed to providing qualified, compassionate care with state-of-the-art technology and emergency services to our community 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What happens when you get to the ER?
Everyone’s journey will be different. A major goal of the emergency department at JFK Medical Center is to reduce wait times. We want to get patients from the door to an available bed, as quickly as possible.
Upon arrival to the Emergency Department you will be greeted and provided with a Care Passport, a personalized document to keep you informed and involved. The Passport will outline your plan of care during your ED stay and serve as a reference guide to find team members names and contact information.
We understand, no one looks forward to an emergency department visit. We realize, you are here because you need immediate medical attention. We want what you want, to provide you with safe and high quality care.
After your Visit to the ED
You are now prepared to return home. Below is a checklist to help ensure that your transition and recovery go well:
- Review and follow your care and discharge instructions
- Fill any prescriptions that were given to you by the emergency care team
- Make sure you schedule any follow-up care visits that were recommended
- Take your discharge folder and information with you to your next doctor’s appointment
If your symptoms or condition persist or worsen, call your primary care physician. If you have questions regarding your emergency medical care, please call 732-321-7601.
- For a true medical emergency, call 911 for assistance.
- To learn more about JFK Medical Center, please call 732-321-7161.
- To reach the JFK Medical Center Billing Office, please call 732-321-7527.
Satellite Emergency Department
What is a Satellite Emergency Department?
JFK Satellite Emergency Department is an innovative, freestanding, and fully equipped emergency room delivering emergency medical service to adult and pediatric patients in a convenient, neighborhood location. The team is committed to providing qualified, compassionate care with state-of-the-art technology and emergency services to our community 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The newly renovated Satellite ED features a critical treatment room, a behavioral health suite, radiology suite and on-site laboratory. Our team works together to provide you with privacy, safety and fast access to a team of specialists trained in emergency medicine.
What will happen if I need to be hospitalized?
After our assessment, diagnosis, and consultation with your physician, we may determine your condition warrants admission to the hospital. JFK Medical Center Satellite Emergency Department, located in Plainfield, NJ has the same capabilities as the JFK Emergency Department in Edison, NJ yet is distinct from an inpatient, traditional hospital. When needed you will be transferred to JFK Medical Center for direct admission.
Where should you go?
It’s important to understand your health care choices before you seek medical care.
Outpatient Services at HMH – JFK Medical Center Plainfield Campus
- Diagnostic Radiology – Our Plainfield location offers state-of-the-art CT and X-ray equipment, we are able to meet your basic imaging needs for both adults and pediatric diagnostic imaging.
To schedule an appointment please call: 732-321-7540
- Laboratory & EKG Services – For comprehensive laboratory and EKG services choose JFK’s Outpatient Plainfield location. No appointment is needed for routine tests and wide array of test results are available the same day. Walk-Ins welcome: Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 1 p.m.
You may also be interested in
Whether you’re traveling from the north, south, east, or west, we have information on how to get to JFK Medical Center.
JFK Medical Center offers patients the option of cutting-edge robotic surgery, which blends robotic, optical and computer technology to perform a wide range of procedures.
If you are a visitor, we encourage you to show your support when someone you care for is in the hospital.
Hours & Guidelines