Skin Care and Health Guide
Skin Care Do’s
- Inspect your skin daily for dryness, cracks, sores, bruises, reddened areas and blisters. Have someone check for you or use a mirror if you are unable to check yourself
- Treat your skin gently without stretching, tugging or pulling skin
- Cleanse skin with mild soap products
- Use warm-to-touch water for cleansing and bathing
- Rinse well. Remove all residue of the cleanser from the skin
- Dry all skin folds and creases. Pay attention to the area between and underneath your toes
- Moisturize skin after cleansing
- Wear soft clothing
- Drink adequate amounts of water – unless on restricted water intake
- If using tape to secure dressings, apply to dressing not skin
- Get podiatric care for foot maintenance
Skin Care Don’ts
- Don’t bathe in hot water
- Don’t soak
- Don’t use skin care products with alcohol
- Don’t scratch dry, itching skin
- Don’t apply tape of any kind to dry, sensitive, fragile skin
- Don’t neglect new area of irritation, soreness or discomfort on the skin
You may also be interested in
It is a leader in providing comprehensive self-management education, clinical and support services that improve the quality of life of those affected by diabetes in Central New Jersey.
Improving Your Quality of Life
At the Center for Wound Healing at Hackensack Meridian Health JFK Medical Center, we blend experience and expertise with the latest advancements and technologies to provide a healing touch in wound care.
Spectrum of Care
The Vascular Diagnostic Center proudly features expertly qualified staff and state-of-the-art technology to provide comprehensive, accurate, noninvasive vascular diagnostic procedures.
A Comprehensive Range of Programs
When doctors need to take a closer look at what’s inside of you, the Diagnostic Imaging Center uses the newest generation of technology available. From advanced 64-slice CT to Nuclear Medicine, JFK is available when you need us.