I Want To ...
For information in...
Find a Physician
From a family practitioner to the most sophisticated neurologists, JFK Medical Center's staff includes some of the most highly respected physicians in the northeast. For a referral to a JFK physician, click here.
Pastoral Care Services / Chaplain Services
JFK Medical Center
65 James Street
Edison, NJ 08820
We at JFK recognize the importance of the integration of healthcare for the whole person -- physical, emotional, and spiritual. Turn to the Pastoral Care Department for emotional, spiritual, and religious support, including:
- Listening and helping you sort through your feelings and concerns regarding your present hospitalization.
- Working with all faith traditions and ethnic backgrounds.
- Providing assistance in contacting your own religious leader.
- Requesting religious resources, such as prayer books, rituals, sacraments, and (for patients of Roman Catholic faith) daily communion.
To contact a chaplain for all faiths, a priest, a rabbi, or other clergy, ask the nurse assigned to your care to page the Chaplain-on-Call or call the Pastoral Care office at (732) 321-7512.
A "Place of Prayer" For All Faiths
The Medical Center's Place of Prayer creates a sacred, welcoming environment for individuals of all faiths. It embraces diversity by inviting people of all backgrounds to meditate and reflect during times of personal stress, loss, and joy. The Place of Prayer is open 24-hours, seven days per week and is located on the second floor of the Medial Center.
Medical Center TV Channel 27
For your convenience, some Place of Prayer services can be viewed on channel 27. Information on services is posted on the bulletin board outside the Place of Prayer entrance, second floor.
Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) at JFK
The Pastoral Care Department at JFK offers a Clinical Pastoral Education program. Apply now for the Summer and Extended unit. (Click here to learn more about the Clinical Education program.)
Curriculum Components Include:
- Introduction to the Medical Center and pastoral caring
- Patient care and on-call coverage
- Verbatim seminars with theological reflection
- Interpersonal relations seminars and team building
- Didactic seminars on hospital and pastoral care issues
- Individual supervision with Rev. Annari Griesel, Ph.D.
For more information on the CPE program, or to apply, contact the Pastoral Care Department at (732) 321-7512. The CPE unit will be granted by the College of Pastoral Supervision and Psychotherapy, Inc.