Awards and Recognition
Nationally Recognized for Excellence
JFK Medical Center continues to be among the nation’s top hospitals evaluated by Healthgrades for superior clinical care and surgical outcomes. Healthgrades rates hospital performance using objective quality measures using clinical outcomes, patient safety as well as patient experience.
American Heart Association’s Mission: Lifeline® EMS Gold Plus Award
For six consecutive years, JFK Medical Center’s emergency medical services has been recognized for its efforts to improve systems of care and to rapidly identify patients with suspected heart attacks, promptly notify the medical center, and trigger an early response from the awaiting hospital care team.
American College of Radiology
Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
JFK Medical Center is designated as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR), considered the gold standard in medical imaging excellence.
Leader in Bariatric Surgery
JFK Medical Center’s JFK for Life program is accredited by the American College of Surgeons and is the only bariatric surgery provider in the area recognized for delivering the highest quality care by these leading insurance providers: Blue Cross, Aetna, Optum, and CIGNA.
- Accredited by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Aetna Institutes of Quality Bariatric
- Bariatric Surgery Excellence Award™ from Healthgrades (2020, 2019)
- Blue Distinction Center Bariatric
- Designated a Cigna Bariatric Center of Excellence
- MBSQIP Accredited Bariatric Center
Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities
CARF accreditation signals JFK Medical Center’s commitment to continually improving services, encouraging feedback, and serving the community.
American College of Surgeons
Comprehensive Cancer Care
JFK Medical Center is one of only 30 percent of hospitals nationwide to be accredited by the Commission on Cancer as a Comprehensive Community Cancer Program.
Intersocietal Accreditation Commission
Advanced Cardiac Care
JFK Medical Center’s cardiac accreditations ensure each patient receives the highest level of medical and surgical procedures. JFK is also the only HeartCARE designated hospital in New Jersey.
- Cardiac Cath Lab Accreditation with PCI by the American College of Cardiology
- Chest Pain Center and Heart Failure Accreditation with PCI by the American College of Cardiology
- Certified HeartCARE Center of Excellence by the American College of Cardiology
- Intersocietal Accreditation Commission Echocardiography Accredited Facility
The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval®The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval®
Our Stroke and Neurovascular Center is designated as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by The Joint Commission. It was the first stroke center in the tri-state area to receive this designation. Earning the Gold Seal of Approval shows indicates a hospital’s dedication to improving health care quality and safety.
- Joint Commission Advanced Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Joint Commission Certification — Wound Care
- Joint Commission Certification — Sepsis
Nationally Recognized for Excellence in Women's Care
- Among the top 5 percent of hospitals recognized for superior care of women during and after childbirth
- Among the top 10 percent of hospitals recognized for superior surgical outcomes in gynecological care